Hydrotherapy uses the physical properties of water in a therapeutic way. Over the last few years, consensus has grown over using water as a treatment method, thanks to its special healing powers.
At Platonas Medical Center, we offer professional hydrotherapy sessions in an accessible treatment pool, made to the highest standards.
Our professional hydrotherapists have fully mastered how to use the special characteristics of water – buoyancy, water pressure, water resistance and water temperature – to release the patient from supporting their own body weight, remove unneeded pressure, and help ease tight muscles and embedded tensions in a warm, pleasant environment.
Our doctors, the nursing and paramedical staff of the center ensure that each patient receives the best treatment, in a comfortable and supportive environment, based on international guidelines.
What is it good for?
- Challenges in motion, balance and coordination
- Musculoskeletal conditions and sports Injuries
- Spinal diseases, osteoarthritis, backache and neck pain
- Spinal cord injuries, strokes, craniocerebral injuries, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease
- Acute post-operative rehabilitation
- Recovery from hip, knee and spine surgeries
- Pediatric cases including cerebral palsy, obstetric palsy, cranio-cerebral injuries and developmental delay
- Autoimmune rheumatic diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus
- Recovery from mastectomy and lymphedema
- Chronic pain
What do we offer?
- Qualified, specialist hydrotherapists
- State-of-the-art treatment pool made to the highest standards
- Pool hoist for wheelchair users and people with reduced mobility
- Counter-current system to increase body strength
- Caring, friendly and stimulating environment